Description de la nouvelle église de l'hostel royal des Invalides. Avec un plan général de l'ancienne & de la nouvelle église
Paris: [no publisher’s name on title; printer's name on P4v:] De l'imprimerie d'Antoine Chrétien, 1702
12mo: π2 (blank π1] A–O8,4 P4, 90 leaves, pp.  168 . π1 blank, π2 title; P1, ‘approbation’, verso blank (cut out and bound at the end); P2r–3r, key to engraving; P3v blank; P4r–v, ‘Extrait du privilège’.
1 engraved plan signed 'Gravé par L. Loisel' pasted to the margin of P1 as a throwout.
Condition: 144 x 80mm. Plate shaved at top and bottom.
Binding: Contemporary sprinkled calf, gilt spine with red morocco lettering piece, marbled endleaves, red and brown sprinkled page edges. Head and tailcaps chipped, corners worn.
Provenance: 'Bibliotheca Reuterholmiana', Nils Esbjörnson Reuterholm 1676–1756 with his engraved armorial bookplate with date 1713 in MS; Evert Strokirk, 20th-century bookplate.
First edition. This was re-issued in 1706 by Quillau with a second part.
Bibliography: Not found in the standard architectural catalogues.
The very rare first edition of Félebien’s description of the new church for the Invalides by Jules Hardouin Mansart, replacing Bruant’s original church. Felebièn’s illustrated folio Description de l'eglise royale des invalides was published when the church was consecrated in 1706. At the same time this 12mo was re-issued with a second part ‘Contenant les peinture, & divers autres ornements’ and the engravings from the folio.
OCLC records only copies at the Conservatoire National des arts et métiers and the BN (bound with the second part, 1706). The 1706 re-issue is found at the BN, CNAM, Göttingen, V&A, Getty, Duke, Princeton and Columbia.